April 13, 2012
Hello, thank you for being here today. Thank you to the leaders at all levels that make it possible for us to assemble in this manner to organize our Party to fight for what we believe in.
In this upcoming election, the Democrats' national leadership must be held accountable by the American People for the destructive policies of the last three years that have led to...
- double-digit unemployment,
- record home foreclosures,
- soaring gas prices,
- diminished energy resources,
- a recklessly inflated money supply,
- rampant multibillion-dollar bailouts of private companies with taxpayer money
- socialistic largesse benignly called "stimuli",
- refusals to enforce federal laws on immigration and marriage,
- an attempted federal takeover of everyone's healthcare, and
- alienation of key allies in Europe and the Mideast.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, we’ve been led on a perilous strategic retreat from America's role as the champion of Liberty throughout the world -- especially in the increasingly seething Islamic world.
And there's much more of these outrageous travesties to come next year, if this cohort of utopian Democrat elitists is not stopped dead in their tracks this November.
Diana DeGette is one of these Democrat elitists--- in office for more than 15 years now and complacently supporting this president's every initiative -- and non-initiative. She is contributing to the harm being done to America and the American People.
- She is totally out of touch with the realities facing working Americans of all ages and persuasions here at home, HOW COULD SHE BE IN TOUCH?! SHE SELDOM HOLDS MEANINGFUL TOWN HALL MEETINGS! SHE REALLY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT US BECAUSE SHE IS TOO BUSY WORKING FOR PELOSI AND THE PRESIDENT ON THEIR FAR-LEFT AGENDA
- CONSEQUENTLY, she is putting our servicemen and women abroad at extreme risk as they face the increasing boldness of the avowed enemies of this nation.
America is now sorely at risk from many points of the compass, and Diana DeGette and her smug crowd of ruling-class friends in D.C. are eager to ignore that risk while the rest of us face financial ruin, long-term dependency and loss of fundamental and very personal liberties. Quite possibly even much more is at stake. It could get much worse.
I stand as a resolute counter-force to this madness and growing menace that Diana DeGette has complicitly caused.
I served our nation as an Army officer after graduating from West Point; I've built businesses and employed people, giving them meaningful jobs; I've raised a family of my own and therefore have a clear stake in our next generation's fortunes – and, yay, their very lives.
Freedom has enabled me to build a unique and prosperous life. Most of you probably feel the same about your lives.
We dare not take our LIBERTY for granted this year! We must mobilize throughout Colorado, and especially in our Congressional districts, and galvanize our friends, families, neighbors, and coworkers -- literally everyone we know and meet -- to stand up and loudly reject the Democrats' dedicated deconstructing of America.
We cannot allow the nationalizing of our government and the very systems that make America the Great Republic.
- We cannot allow the balkanizing of our economy and the people of America with regional and class warfare;
- We can no longer tolerate the endless parade of lies, distortions, doubletalk, and perverse moralizing that is thrown at us as the fuel for dividing America.
I challenge Diana DeGette now -- and will continue to challenge her-- to face me in open debate anywhere in Colorado. I challenge her to justify her complicity as a voting member of Congress for the last 16 years. I challenge her particularly about the last three as the Democrat progressives'
- relentlessly dismantle our constitutional republic,
- Rip apart our free-market economy
- Ignore our sovereign borders,
- Destroy our unitary culture,
- Crush our core liberties and rights to property, free speech, and private arms, and
- Compromise the physical security we have long enjoyed because we possess a strong military with an intelligence community that are second to none.
Diana DeGette needs to face the music -- the music that all of us in Colorado are playing now and have been playing for a long time. She needs to be held accountable by us in CD 1, and to come home to Colorado -- permanently, to stay. Her work in Washington is done and I intend to take her place there, to reverse the madness. This experienced warrior is well prepared and ready for battle! In this campaign, there can be no substitute for Total Victory in November!
Thank you very much.